Cultural Ambassador Program
What is CAP?
CAP is a semester-long program that pairs international students and U.S. students together based on mutual interests and hobies. All international and domestic undergraduate, graduate students, and scholars in the ISU community - both international AND domestic are welcome to join. Applications are closed for the Fall 2021 semester. Check back here in January 2022 for information about how to apply for the Spring 2022 semester.
Why should you apply?
- Learn about new cultures while building connections and friendships with your group members.
- Improve your cross-cultural skills in a modern globalized world.
- Get a Co-Curricular addition to your ISU transcript.
- Make yourself more marketable to your future employers.
Expectations of Ambassadors?
- Attend the Information Session on Thursday, September 2nd from 4 – 5:30 p.m. in the Memorial Union - Sun Room.
- Attend a mix between ISSO-hosted events, and meet-ups with your own group seven times in the semester.
- ISSO will host an event in September, October, November, and December.
- You will need to meet up with your group once in September, October, and November.
How to apply?
If you are able to commit to all of our expectations, please fill out the application HERE! With the information that you provide on the application, we will match you up with the right group for the semester.
The deadline to sign up is Thursday, September 2nd at Noon. Sign up TODAY before it fills up!
"I loved learning about different cultures, where people come from, their experiences, and how they got to ISU."
"I got to meet new people that I otherwise would have never known."
"I made one of my best friends in this program."
If you have any questions, please contact Hannah at email@example.com.